The Recreation Division takes great pride in offering a wide
variety of leisure activities year-round. Utilizing the
beautiful park system, the William Costick Activities Center, and
various public schools, programs are offered for individuals of
all ages. The Recreation Division also works closely with
the private sector, City commissions, and with various youth
groups and organizations in an attempt to offer one of the most
well-rounded group of recreation programs in the state.
Some of the most popular examples
- After School Recreation - Dance, cheerleading, physical
fitness classes and more.
- Adaptive Recreation - Special holiday programs, hayrides,
outings, and many in conjunction with Oakland County Parks for
individuals with special needs.
- Pre-School Activities - From "Safety Town" and "Cookie
Monster" to "Pee Wee Playtime" and "Junior Scientists," we have
something for every little one to experience a "first time on
their own" class.
- Swimming - Hundreds of classes each season for all ages and
- Special Events - Campouts, hayrides, running races, Parkey
Panda (official mascot) events, card parties, holiday events,
- Specialty Classes - Safety, health, cooking, nature, and
- Sports - Adult softball, adult basketball, tennis for all
ages, youth skiing, youth basketball, youth soccer, parent and
child bowling leagues, karate, youth gymnastics, youth dodge
ball and more.
- Summer Camps and Fun Centers - Summer is fun in Farmington
Hills with over a dozen different day camps to choose from each
week and unique neighborhood Fun Centers.
These are just a few of the many fun activities available in
Farmington Hills. For a complete listing, please see our
brochure or contact (248) 473-1800 for more information.
The Benefits of Recreation are endless, and in Farmington Hills,
so is the fun!