2017 City of Farmington Hills Police Officer of the Year
The Farmington Hills Police Department is proud to announce that Detective Robert Gerak was selected as the 2017 City of Farmington Hills Police Officer of the Year. He was presented the award at the City’s Annual Employee Awards Ceremony at the Costick Center on January 22, 2018.
Detective Gerak was honored for receiving the following Citations and Awards in 2017:
- A Merit Citation for identifying a suspect wanted in a sexual assault.
- A Unit Citation for his investigative work in identifying and locating a serial bank robber.
- A Unit Citation for his response to safely ending an incident with a barricaded suicidal person with access to several firearms.
- A Unit Citation for his work investigating a suspect arrested for Retail Fraud, Home Invasion and Unarmed Robbery.
Detective Gerak has been a member of the Farmington Hills Police Department since 2006, and began his law enforcement career with the Detroit Police Department where he attained the rank of Sergeant. Detective Gerak has served in the Patrol Division where he was selected as a Field Training Officer, Firearms Instructor, and is a member of the Honor Guard. He has also served in the Department’s Directed Patrol Unit and is currently assigned to the Investigative Division.
During his time with the Department, Detective Gerak has received the following awards:
- One Valor Citation
- Nineteen Unit Citations
- Two Citations
- One Letter of Appreciation
- 2008 American Legion Police Officer of the Year
- 2009 Valor Award Recipient from the 100 Club of Detroit
During his time with the Detroit Police Department, he received the following awards:
- Lifesaving Medal
- Twelve Citations
- The Chief’s Unit Award
“Detective Gerak is a highly decorated officer with many years of police experience who is an asset to the Department and the community,” said Police Chief Chuck Nebus.
All Latest News ...