Updated June 20, 2017
City of Farmington Hills Major Road Projects
11 Mile Road Rehabilitation, Orchard Lake Road to Middlebelt Road
This project is well underway. 11 Mile Road will be closed to thru traffic for the duration of the project. A detour route directing traffic to 10 Mile Road has been posted. This project is scheduled to be substantially completed and open to traffic by mid-August.
13 Mile Road Rehabilitation, Halsted Road to Drake Road
Reconstruction of this roadway is well underway. 13 Mile Road is closed to thru traffic. Local access will be maintained in an eastbound direction only. Access into the construction zone will be maintained only from Halsted Road and all traffic will exit via Drake Road. This project is scheduled to be substantially completed and open to traffic by mid-August.
Drake Road Rehabilitation, 12 Mile Road to 13 Mile Road
This paving project is nearing completion, restoration of the shoulders and pavement markings are scheduled for completion. Drake Road will remain open; however, it will be reduced to one lane with flag control during daytime hours as necessary.
Country Club Drive, Haggerty Road to 12 Mile Road
Reconstruction of this roadway is well underway. Local traffic will be maintained in one direction only. Currently, access to Country Club Drive is being maintained only from 12 Mile Road and all traffic will be required to exit to Haggerty Road. This project is scheduled to be substantially completed and open to traffic by September 1, 2017.
City of Farmington Hills Local Road Projects
Independence Commons Subdivision
Paving is complete, restoration and cleanup of the site is scheduled to be completed by the end of June.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Independence Commons Subdivision Road Rehabilitation Project.
To receive emails from the City regarding road construction projects, join the Road Construction Mailing List.
12 Mile Concrete Repair Project (Haggerty Road to Farmington Road)
This concrete repair project is expected to begin in late summer. Updates will be forthcoming as more information becomes available.
For information about Road Commission for Oakland County Projects, visit the RCOC website at http://www.rcocweb.org, and then check press releases and/or the real time traffic map.
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT)
Grand River Avenue, Sinacola to Purdue
There will be daily single lane closures along Grand River from Sinacola Street to Colgate Street. The closures will extend through September 29, 2017. The closures will be from 9 AM to 3 PM and 8 PM to 5 AM.
There will also be a full closure of Grand River from Shiawassee Road to Grove Street for resurfacing. The closure will be from 5 AM to 11:30 PM on June 24, 2017. This work is weather dependent.
The detour route will utilize Orchard Lake and Freedom Roads.
Intersections along Grand River with dual left and/or dual right turn lanes will have intermittent closures of one of the turning lanes while work is taking place in the vicinity of the intersection. The roads with the dual turning movements are:
• Westbound Grand River at the 10 Mile Road/Grand River Intersection
• Southbound M-5 Exit Ramp to Grand River
• Southbound Halsted Road at Grand River
• Northbound Freedom Road at Grand River
• Southbound Orchard Lake at Grand River
M-5, 12 Mile Road to Pontiac Trail
This project is completed and open to traffic!
Detailed closure locations and dates for MDOT projects can be found by visiting
http://mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/ then clicking on Construction Search.
Construction Projects Scheduled for 2017
- 13 Mile Road, Halsted Road to Drake Road – Reconstruction
- 11 Mile Road, Middlebelt Road to Orchard Lake Road – Reconstruction
- Drake Road, 12 Mile Road to 13 Mile Road – Resurfacing
- Independence Commons Subdivision, concrete roadways – Rehabilitation
- Country Club Drive – Road reconstruction
- 12 Mile, Haggerty Road to Farmington Road, full depth concrete – Selective slab replacement and joint repair (RCOC)
- M5, 12 Mile Road to Pontiac Trail – Concrete repair work (MDOT)
- Grand River, Sinacola to Purdue – Pavement rehabilitation, storm sewer repairs, and road diet in City of Farmington (MDOT)
- 11 Mile Road – Complete missing sidewalk segments between Orchard Lake Road and Middlebelt (south side)
- Middlebelt Road – South of 10 Mile Road on west side